A little over a month ago, the Japan Coast Guard (JCG) equipped its fleet of four Bell 505 Jet Ranger X with the DART Aerospace Emergency Flotation System and the aircraft have now been accepted by the JCG.
Installation of the kits took place in Kagoshima, Kyushu, Japan, where the JCG’s 10th Regional Coast Guard Headquarter is located. A DART project engineer travelled to the Kagoshima site to support Bell for the first kit installation.
DART is happy to announce that this project is the first entry-into-service for the 505 Emergency Flotation System, a technical solution which DART designed and developed with the full support of Bell.
Within 12 months from project kick-off, DART Aerospace successfully received Transport Canada certification (TCCA) on the flotation system. In addition, the company received Japanese Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB) validation shortly thereafter to support the 505 aircraft and flotation system acceptance by the JCG.
Bell and DART Aerospace have worked closely to deliver professional results for the Bell 505 Emergency Flotation System to the client.
The system has just recently received certification from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing