Ground testing for Heli-One’s Sikorsky S-76B helicopter upgrade program featuring a Universal Avionics flight deck is now complete, with flight testing imminent. The aircraft is operated by a VVIP operator in Asia. The upgraded, modern glass cockpit includes the installation of three EFI-890H Advanced Flight Displays with Vision-1® Synthetic Vision System and a UNS-1Fw Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS)-Flight Management System (FMS).
Ground testing and upcoming flight testing for the VVIP retrofit program is being performed at Universal Avionics Authorized Dealer, Heli-One Canada, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
“We have a sound history with Sikorsky helicopters and Heli-One, and we were looking to capitalize on what we have collectively built up,” said Norm Matheis, Universal Avionics Regional Sales Manager for Canada. “The S-76® aircraft advanced flight deck Heli-One has created is a stunning outcome,” he added. “The upgrade with modern EFI-890H Advanced Flight Display technology and new FMS will enhance operational safety and reliability. S-76 operators are already familiar with Universal equipment and we expect they will see value with the advanced capabilities Heli-One’s package will provide.”
Universal Avionics’ well-proven, reliable EFI-890H solution is a customized, cost-effective technology upgrade for the S-76B. The upgrade provides the ability to see the projected flight path when coupled with the display of aircraft traffic, a powerful safety improvement. This allows the operator to see where the other traffic is in relation to the track they intend to take, and to judge diverging or converging tracks well in advance. Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) terrain will also be displayed, providing terrain mapping when operating low level in an airport or off-airport environment. When operating in marginal Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC), this is a tremendous enhancement in safety.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE