Metro Aviation is pleased to announce Brian Bihler as the new Rotor Wing Chief Pilot and Alan VanDoren as the new Assistant Chief Pilot.
Bihler joined Metro Aviation in 2009 and has served in the positions of HAA Pilot, Instructor, Check Airmen, Regional Training Manager, and most recently, as Assistant Chief Pilot. Prior to his HAA career, he served with the Charlotte, NC Police Department Aviation Unit. Bihler holds an FAA Airline Transport and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters. During his career at Metro, Bihler has performed his duties with the highest integrity and unwavering focus.
VanDoren has worked for Metro Aviation since 2017 as Part 135 Instructor and Check Airman. Prior to joining Metro Aviation, VanDoren served as an HAA Pilot and Lead Pilot, Chief Pilot within a corporate flight department, and as the Director of Flight Training for LeTourneau University in Longview, TX. He is still actively involved with LeTourneau as an adjunct faculty member, teaching online courses in Aviation Law, Management and Human Factors and Safety. VanDoren holds an FAA Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters and airplanes, and is a licensed airframe and powerplant mechanic.
Bihler and VanDoren’s experience and leadership abilities will greatly serve Metro Aviation’s OCC, pilots, and operations customers.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices