Dallas Avionics, Inc. announced today that the company is now taking pre-orders on the soon-to-be-certified uAvionix skyBeacon. The skyBeacon is the first in the series of uAvionix’s revolutionary ADS-B solutions for the certified aircraft market. The skyBeacon offers wing-tip mounted ADS-B OUT with WAAS GPS and LED position and anti-collision strobe lights that meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ADS-B 2020 mandate when paired with an existing Mode C transponder.
“The skyBeacon offers owners of light aircraft a cost effective, ADS-B solution that is easy to install and also provides nice LED navigation and anti-collision lighting as a value add,” said Dallas Avionics sales representative Scott Edwards.
The skyBeacon works with any existing mode C transponder. Installation time is expected to be less than 15 minutes instead of hours for competitive solutions, resulting in the lowest cost of ownership for a compliant, certified ADS-B out solution.
“We will begin taking pre-orders for skyBeacon for an introductory retail price of $1,849 on June 4. This is the lowest cost of ownership product on the market for ADS-B compliance, including installation” said Edwards.
The skyBeacon has completed environmental testing and is currently undergoing performance testing and uAvionix expects that the TSO will be completed by the end of June.
“We are pleased to be working with Dallas Avionics to bring the skyBeacon to their loyal customers,” said President of uAvionix Christian Ramsey. “The skyBeacon was designed to help the general aviation market meet the FAA requirements in a cost effective, easy to install solution.”
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training