Dallas Avionics, Inc. announced today that the company is now taking pre-orders on the soon-to-be-certified uAvionix skyBeacon. The skyBeacon is the first in the series of uAvionix’s revolutionary ADS-B solutions for the certified aircraft market. The skyBeacon offers wing-tip mounted ADS-B OUT with WAAS GPS and LED position and anti-collision strobe lights that meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ADS-B 2020 mandate when paired with an existing Mode C transponder.
“The skyBeacon offers owners of light aircraft a cost effective, ADS-B solution that is easy to install and also provides nice LED navigation and anti-collision lighting as a value add,” said Dallas Avionics sales representative Scott Edwards.
The skyBeacon works with any existing mode C transponder. Installation time is expected to be less than 15 minutes instead of hours for competitive solutions, resulting in the lowest cost of ownership for a compliant, certified ADS-B out solution.
“We will begin taking pre-orders for skyBeacon for an introductory retail price of $1,849 on June 4. This is the lowest cost of ownership product on the market for ADS-B compliance, including installation” said Edwards.
The skyBeacon has completed environmental testing and is currently undergoing performance testing and uAvionix expects that the TSO will be completed by the end of June.
“We are pleased to be working with Dallas Avionics to bring the skyBeacon to their loyal customers,” said President of uAvionix Christian Ramsey. “The skyBeacon was designed to help the general aviation market meet the FAA requirements in a cost effective, easy to install solution.”
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet