Since our launch four years ago, we have been working to improve the safety of helicopter operations globally. This represents one more step towards our goal, strengthening our offering to our customers. We are continuing to improve our operational effectiveness according to our growth strategy. We are happy to now serve our AW139 customers with two distinct high-quality simulators,” says Mikko Dahlman, CEO at Coptersafety.
The new simulator, the TRU Odyssey H AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator equipped with Primus EPIC Phase 7 avionics, is EASA certified by Finnish CAA. Coptersafety can now offer training services for customers who are operating with Phase 7 avionics, with TCAS II integrated into training. In addition, the new simulator offers a Rockwell Collins 4K visual experience enriched by Coptersafety’s in-house visual team, who can customize any needed area and scenario to offer a higher fidelity training interface.
“We follow the industry development and our customers’ needs. We aim to be a trusted training partner for our customers and our training development is done in an open dialogue with their own training departments. AW139 with phase 7 is a concrete example how we adapt to the development of our customers operation and equipment,” adds Mikko Dahlman.
Coptersafety’s second AW139 is the first phase 7 simulator in the world with the state-of-the-art Rockwell Collins EP8100 Image Generation System, a 6-channel 4K projection system with a field of view of 240° × 80° and an additional secondary motion system. The simulator’s avionics are based on the latest rehosted Epic Phase 7.4 from Honeywell. Among the many benefits of the AW139 Phase 7 simulator are features such as TCAS II, a load of 7000 kg and a vast array of other upgrades.
Offering a variety of full-flight simulators with customized visuals and impressive instructor expertise, Coptersafety is well-positioned to promote safety in the helicopter industry.
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA