Since our launch four years ago, we have been working to improve the safety of helicopter operations globally. This represents one more step towards our goal, strengthening our offering to our customers. We are continuing to improve our operational effectiveness according to our growth strategy. We are happy to now serve our AW139 customers with two distinct high-quality simulators,” says Mikko Dahlman, CEO at Coptersafety.
The new simulator, the TRU Odyssey H AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator equipped with Primus EPIC Phase 7 avionics, is EASA certified by Finnish CAA. Coptersafety can now offer training services for customers who are operating with Phase 7 avionics, with TCAS II integrated into training. In addition, the new simulator offers a Rockwell Collins 4K visual experience enriched by Coptersafety’s in-house visual team, who can customize any needed area and scenario to offer a higher fidelity training interface.
“We follow the industry development and our customers’ needs. We aim to be a trusted training partner for our customers and our training development is done in an open dialogue with their own training departments. AW139 with phase 7 is a concrete example how we adapt to the development of our customers operation and equipment,” adds Mikko Dahlman.
Coptersafety’s second AW139 is the first phase 7 simulator in the world with the state-of-the-art Rockwell Collins EP8100 Image Generation System, a 6-channel 4K projection system with a field of view of 240° × 80° and an additional secondary motion system. The simulator’s avionics are based on the latest rehosted Epic Phase 7.4 from Honeywell. Among the many benefits of the AW139 Phase 7 simulator are features such as TCAS II, a load of 7000 kg and a vast array of other upgrades.
Offering a variety of full-flight simulators with customized visuals and impressive instructor expertise, Coptersafety is well-positioned to promote safety in the helicopter industry.
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter