The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Small Business Exporter of the Year is Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. in Boise, Idaho.
Founded in 1995, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU) is a trusted provider of integrated Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) that significantly increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities for nighttime aerial operators. ASU serves aerial operators around the world performing critical missions like emergency service, firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue. ASU equips operators with the most advanced night vision goggles (NVGs), and highly skilled instructors to train pilots to with the NVGs. ASU facilitates regulatory compliance and sustainment with aircraft and goggle certification, training, approved replacement parts, and ongoing service.
“It is so exciting to know that SBA had a part albeit a very small one, in the tremendous success of Aviation Specialties, Unlimited.” SBA Boise District Director Gary Eisenbraun said. “It is companies like this, that reflect the first-rate entrepreneurial spirit and ‘do –anything’ attitude to succeed, that truly sums up the desire to stay ahead in a very competitive environment. ASU is one company that has led the way for innovation and creativity.”
The SBA Small Business Exporter of the Year award – part of National Small Business Week April 29-May 5, 2018 – recognizes small businesses engaged in exporting for at least three years. Winners must demonstrate significant increase in export sales, profits and job growth, creative overseas marketing strategies, encouragement of other small businesses to export, and cooperation in the creation of export trading companies or introduction of unique trading relationships, products, or services.
In addition to being honored as the SBA 2018 Boise District Exporter of the Year, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. was also selected as the SBA 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Exporter of the Year among winners from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. The regional winner is one of 10 finalists for the SBA National Exporter of the Year award.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner