The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Small Business Exporter of the Year is Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. in Boise, Idaho.
Founded in 1995, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU) is a trusted provider of integrated Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) that significantly increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities for nighttime aerial operators. ASU serves aerial operators around the world performing critical missions like emergency service, firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue. ASU equips operators with the most advanced night vision goggles (NVGs), and highly skilled instructors to train pilots to with the NVGs. ASU facilitates regulatory compliance and sustainment with aircraft and goggle certification, training, approved replacement parts, and ongoing service.
“It is so exciting to know that SBA had a part albeit a very small one, in the tremendous success of Aviation Specialties, Unlimited.” SBA Boise District Director Gary Eisenbraun said. “It is companies like this, that reflect the first-rate entrepreneurial spirit and ‘do –anything’ attitude to succeed, that truly sums up the desire to stay ahead in a very competitive environment. ASU is one company that has led the way for innovation and creativity.”
The SBA Small Business Exporter of the Year award – part of National Small Business Week April 29-May 5, 2018 – recognizes small businesses engaged in exporting for at least three years. Winners must demonstrate significant increase in export sales, profits and job growth, creative overseas marketing strategies, encouragement of other small businesses to export, and cooperation in the creation of export trading companies or introduction of unique trading relationships, products, or services.
In addition to being honored as the SBA 2018 Boise District Exporter of the Year, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. was also selected as the SBA 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Exporter of the Year among winners from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. The regional winner is one of 10 finalists for the SBA National Exporter of the Year award.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd