The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Small Business Exporter of the Year is Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. in Boise, Idaho.
Founded in 1995, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU) is a trusted provider of integrated Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) that significantly increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities for nighttime aerial operators. ASU serves aerial operators around the world performing critical missions like emergency service, firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue. ASU equips operators with the most advanced night vision goggles (NVGs), and highly skilled instructors to train pilots to with the NVGs. ASU facilitates regulatory compliance and sustainment with aircraft and goggle certification, training, approved replacement parts, and ongoing service.
“It is so exciting to know that SBA had a part albeit a very small one, in the tremendous success of Aviation Specialties, Unlimited.” SBA Boise District Director Gary Eisenbraun said. “It is companies like this, that reflect the first-rate entrepreneurial spirit and ‘do –anything’ attitude to succeed, that truly sums up the desire to stay ahead in a very competitive environment. ASU is one company that has led the way for innovation and creativity.”
The SBA Small Business Exporter of the Year award – part of National Small Business Week April 29-May 5, 2018 – recognizes small businesses engaged in exporting for at least three years. Winners must demonstrate significant increase in export sales, profits and job growth, creative overseas marketing strategies, encouragement of other small businesses to export, and cooperation in the creation of export trading companies or introduction of unique trading relationships, products, or services.
In addition to being honored as the SBA 2018 Boise District Exporter of the Year, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. was also selected as the SBA 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Exporter of the Year among winners from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. The regional winner is one of 10 finalists for the SBA National Exporter of the Year award.
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point
- Russian Helicopters are ready to supply six Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters to open service centers in China
- Two Awards of Excellence won by Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence – winners announced
- Aspirus MedEvac Achieves NAAMTA Accreditation
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Senior Executive VP
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS