Specialists of the VR-Technologies construction bureau owned by Russian Helicopters affiliated to Rostec State Corporation started aerodynamic tests of the light utility helicopter VRT500 at the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute.
The copter was for the first time introduced to public at the International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia-2018 that took place at the end of May in Krasnogorsk, Moscow Region. VRT500 is the first chopper of the holding in the segment of light vehicles with a takeoff weight up to 2 tons. Flying vehicles of the type currently constitute 18% of world’s fleet of copters.
Light copters are among those in high demand, they are the ones mostly used by private buyers. The VRT500 features great aircraft performance characteristics, which combined with an attractive price, should assure its success not only in domestic but in foreign markets, too. According to projections Russian helicopters can take up to 15% of the world market of such aircrafts before 2035.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with a Contra Rotating Propeller Drive System and a takeoff weight of 1600 kg. The aircraft has the largest cargo-and-passenger cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 people. It is equipped with an interactive control system. The design performance characteristics allows it to move at a speed up to 250 km/h, cover distances of up to 860 km, carry up to 730 kg of pay load. Passenger, multi-purpose, cargo, training, VIP and search-and-rescue modifications of the copter are envisaged.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd