Meggitt PLC, a leading international company specialising in high performance components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and energy markets, today announces a $21m contract with Defense Logistics Agency (‘DLA’) Richmond, Virginia to supply fuel cell equipment for the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter until 2022.
Meggitt’s crashworthy, self-seal fuel tanks, which meet the ultra-rigorous standards of flexibility, strength, impact and cut-and-tear resistance of US MIL-T-27422B, have stopped fuel spillage and reduced fire-related death and injury in survivable helicopter crashes to almost zero. Meggitt will manufacture the UH-60 fuel cell equipment from its Rockmart facility.
Stewart Watson, President of Meggitt Polymers & Composites, said: “Meggitt is proud of the trust that DLA Richmond has once again placed in Meggitt to provide fuel cell equipment for the Black Hawk helicopter, underlining the exceptional performance record of our fuel cell technology, which is now present on virtually all US military helicopters”.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet