Dare MedFlight, an air medical transport operator serving Dare County North Carolina, has completed installation of SKYTRAC’s high resolution aviation camera on their H145.
“As an air ambulance operator, we have a mission to deliver safe, efficient and reliable service. We look to the latest technologies to support us in this mission. Adding a high resolution camera to the flight deck provides a new, objective input for our safety management programs and allows us to enhance training for our pilots. SKYTRAC offered a lightweight and cost-effective option that could be easily retrofitted on our HEMS-equipped H145T2,” said Dare MedFlight Director of Operations, Chad Jones.
The SKYTRAC aviation camera is designed to provide operators with highest fidelity audio visual recording during flight while also minimizing the need to change data cards or over-write stored data. It is capable of recording up to eight hours of video at 1080p and 15 fps. The camera comes in a unique kit format that allows up to two flush-mounted lenses to be installed internally or externally. Wide lens and fine detail image sensor kits are available to accurately record flight controls and capture maximum field of view.
The camera kit can be used with SKYTRAC’s ISAT-200A transceiver and data acquisition unit or as standalone hardware to supplement existing flight data monitoring and tracking solutions.
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System