Each year the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce hosts the J. Pat Beaird Industry and Top Businesses of the Year awards, with the support of our sponsors, the Forum, Chase Bank and the J. Pat Beaird Memorial Fund.
“The Chamber is proud to announce that our Industry of the Year Award recipient this year will be Metro Aviation,” affirmed Dr. Timothy Magner, Shreveport Chamber president. “Metro Aviation is one of our city’s hidden gems. They are the largest air medical completion center not just in Louisiana, not just in the US, but in the world as well as the largest traditional air medical provider. We are excited to honor Mike Stanberry and the rest of the Metro family for their industry leadership and their contribution to our community.”
In addition to honoring Metro Aviation and select small businesses, the awards luncheon will also play host to a recognized authority on leadership and crisis management, former Naval Commander Kirk Lippold. CDR Lippold was in command of the USS Cole when it was targeted by a deadly al Qaeda terrorist attack in 2000, 11 months before 9/11. His team training prior to the attack and unflappable leadership after, galvanized his crew to action, resulting in lives and the ship being saved. A compelling storyteller, CDR Lippold draws upon his Five Pillars of Leadership to offer strategies he learned and applied to instill integrity into his team members and mitigate crises throughout his naval career. With takeaways for organizations on assessing their own successes and failures to prepare for what the future may hold, his lessons learned can make the difference when it matters most.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point