ForeFlight, creator of the widely used ForeFlight Mobile Integrated Flight App, now offers customers Trip Assistant, a simple-to-use planning tool for anyone involved in mission planning that quickly computes door-to-door trip time. Trip Assistant is an enhancement to ForeFlight’s advanced web-based flight planning toolset.
Trip Assistant computes total trip time, factoring in drive time, flight times using historical and forecast winds, and fuel stops to create a detailed itinerary showing exactly when to leave in order to arrive on time at the final destination.
“Trip Assistant started as an internal project to help our flight department and executive assistants more quickly answer a question we ask on every flight: when do we need to leave our homes or offices to get somewhere on time,” said Tyson Weihs, co-founder and CEO of ForeFlight. “Powered by our best-in-class flight planning engine, Trip Assistant is a tool that any aircraft user – assistants, flight support staff, passengers, and pilots – can use to quickly compute total trip time, even when fuel stops are required.”
Trip Assistant allows for forward and backward planning by setting a desired departure time or arrival time. Customers can enter the departure and destination location using business names, place names, or street addresses, and Trip Assistant searches for and displays the nearest suitable airports.
Additionally, Trip Assistant features a built-in Fuel Stop Advisor that factors in the aircraft’s performance and automatically suggests a number of proposed stopovers to help minimize trip time and fuel costs. Fuel Stop Advisor allows the planner to select the criteria for determining the best stops such as max aircraft range, max leg time or max leg distance. With a configured account, pilots can also view their personal contract jet fuel prices at each stop.
- Boeing Awarded $376M Contract for MH-139 Acquisition
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Schiebel CAMCOPTER® S-100 impresses with flight display
- Boeing MH-139 to Replace US Air Force UH-1N Huey Fleet
- Helibras delivers H225M to the Brazilian Army
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Right Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Bell Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $13M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Left Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Kranze Technology Solutions awarded $37M Contract for V-22 Support
- Two Wichita EMS operators partner with hospital for pediatric patient transfer
- Airbus focuses on the wind turbine growth market
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Airbus to start large-scale printing of A350 components
- Air Evac Lifeteam celebrates 20 years at Paragould
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145