ForeFlight, creator of the widely used ForeFlight Mobile Integrated Flight App, now offers customers Trip Assistant, a simple-to-use planning tool for anyone involved in mission planning that quickly computes door-to-door trip time. Trip Assistant is an enhancement to ForeFlight’s advanced web-based flight planning toolset.
Trip Assistant computes total trip time, factoring in drive time, flight times using historical and forecast winds, and fuel stops to create a detailed itinerary showing exactly when to leave in order to arrive on time at the final destination.
“Trip Assistant started as an internal project to help our flight department and executive assistants more quickly answer a question we ask on every flight: when do we need to leave our homes or offices to get somewhere on time,” said Tyson Weihs, co-founder and CEO of ForeFlight. “Powered by our best-in-class flight planning engine, Trip Assistant is a tool that any aircraft user – assistants, flight support staff, passengers, and pilots – can use to quickly compute total trip time, even when fuel stops are required.”
Trip Assistant allows for forward and backward planning by setting a desired departure time or arrival time. Customers can enter the departure and destination location using business names, place names, or street addresses, and Trip Assistant searches for and displays the nearest suitable airports.
Additionally, Trip Assistant features a built-in Fuel Stop Advisor that factors in the aircraft’s performance and automatically suggests a number of proposed stopovers to help minimize trip time and fuel costs. Fuel Stop Advisor allows the planner to select the criteria for determining the best stops such as max aircraft range, max leg time or max leg distance. With a configured account, pilots can also view their personal contract jet fuel prices at each stop.
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter
- Aerotex launches Wall Blanket Kit
- EASA 12th Rotorcraft Symposium
- Medical Air Rescue Company signs for an Airbus H130
- FlightSafety to build AH-IZ and UH-1Y training devices for US Navy