WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH has signed a multi-year HEMS contract with four offshore windpark operators, Ocean Breeze Energy & Co. KG, OWP Butendiek GmbH & Co. KG, OWP Nordergruende GmbH & Co. KG and Veja Mate Offshore Project GmbH after a joint tender to support their rescue chain. WIKING provides the rescue helicopter incl. pilots and hoist operator 24/7. The Cooperation partner Offshore Response and Safety ORS GmbH supplies the medical part incl. emergency doctor, paramedic, medical equipment, rescue coordination center and telemedical consultation on 24/7. The HEMS helicopter is based at JadeWeserAirport (Germany) next to Wilhelmshaven.
“We are delighted that we have been selected by four offshore windpark operators to prove our continued confidence in our high level of safety, quality and performance standards” stated Ernst Nassl CEO WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH. “As the leading HEMS helicopter service provider in the North Sea, we are proud to again build with these partnerships on our 43 years aviation experience supporting our wind offshore customers”.
The service started in the late summer. HEMS flights operated with Leonardo Helicopters AW139, departing from WIKING’s home base at JadeWeserAirport to the offshore wind farms BARD Offshore I, Butendiek, Nordergründe and Veja Mate located in the German North Sea.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point